Dutch Best Practices
13:55 - 14:35
This panel is in Dutch and will be live translated.
More and more people and organizations are aware of the imbalance between the commercial and public space on the internet and its negative impact. They are springing into action and pushing for change. In this conversation, several examples are highlighted of public and social organizations that are taking action to help realize the transition to a public internet.
- Silvia Smit, Consumentenbond: bringing a claim against Facebook & TikTok
- Lotje Beek, Bits of Freedom: Digital Markets Acts
- Oumaima Hajri, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences, junior researcher responsible for AI in media practices
- Ivo Jansch, entrepreneur and software architect: CoronaCheck app
- Eva Hofman, De Groene Amsterdammer: the experiment in which the app Element is being used to interact with the readers of the magazine De Groene Amsterdammer.
- Sander van Kempen, information and collection specialist at the Royal Library of the Netherlands: awareness and transition in the organization
Junior Researcher Responsible Applied AI, Hogeschool Rotterdam
Policy Advisor Bits of Freedom
Digital Affairs Expert @ Advocacy at the Consumentenbond
Journalist De Groene Amsterdammer
Architect Coronamelder App
Sander van Kempen
Koninklijke Bibliotheek (Royal Library Netherlands)
Web Editor The Green Amsterdammer